Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cinnamon Dolce Ice Cream? Count me in.

Welcome to Foodie [UN]famous. This site is, as I am, completely un-famous (notice, infamous is NOT the word I was looking for here). The way things work around here is modeled after the way things work in the South. We're not uptight. We're not in a hurry. We definitely enjoy our food.

Though I don't believe in eating dessert first (because I believe the meal should be as enjoyable as the post-feast calories), I am starting with a dessert recipe... because that's what we had for dinner tonight! Yep. I fed my family ice cream for dinner. Every kid in America now wishes to call me, "Mom."

Let's get started, shall we?

I love two things in copious servings: 1) cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks and 2) ice cream. So, today while at the store, I had one of those light bulb moments: cinnamon dolce ice cream.

My husband, whom you'll get to know as Sergeant, just raised an eyebrow at me when I suggested this combination of things. His weird looks aren't a deterrent, however. He usually just gives me *that* kind of look and silently watches while I get myself into foodie shenanigans.

I used my favorite base recipe for ice cream and added just a splash of cinnamon dolce syrup (which you can buy, with a pump, at your neighborhood Starbucks store for around $10). Here's how it goes:

The secret: Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup!

1 1/2  cups cold milk
1 1/8  cups organic granulated sugar
3        cups heavy whipping cream
3.5     ounces Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup
ground cinnamon to garnish
caramel sauce to garnish

Mix the cold milk and sugar together with a whisk until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the heavy whipping cream and Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup. Stir gently. Add the mixture to your automatic ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's freezing instructions. When your ice cream has reached a good, thick consistency, remove it from your ice cream freezer and spoon it into an air-tight container. Put it in the freezer and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Scoop into bowls with a spoon or ice cream scoop and garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon and caramel sauce, if you desire.

Eat. Taste. Savor. Enjoy!

1 comment: